The palace, originally called Martinengo Colleoni, is located in the ancient suburb of Pignolo, where already in the 1500's important families of noblemen and merchants decided to have their houses built. A large courtyard gives admission to bright rooms, decorated with frescoes of the 1700's by Carlo Innocenzo Carloni and Federico Ferrario. The lively decorations in the rooms are delightful and the pensile garden they look on to is wonderful.
At Via Porta Dipinta 12 you find the entrance portal of Palazzo Moroni, one of the most genuine expressions of Baroque art in Bergamo. The building, realized in the 1600's by Francesco Moroni, is surrounded by a wonderful garden where a tower of the 1300's dominates. Inside the palace, a monumental staircase leads to the floor of the major rooms, where Giacomo Barbelli expressed his mastery. Here great masterpieces of the Lombard painting are preserved (works of art of artists like G.B.Moroni, Evaristo Baschenis, Fra’ Galgario, just to mention a few of them); works that testimony the passion of Counts Moroni for the fine arts.
The building, of XVI century origins, is situated on the western buttress of Upper Bergamo’s hill. Rearranged in the 1600's, inside the palace combines the magnificence of Baroque frescoes with the lightness of late Baroque decorations and furniture. The frescoes, on which worked artists like Gian Giacomo Barbelli, Cristoforo Storer and Tiepolo, already busy in the decoration of Cappella Colleoni, can be admired in the dining-room, in the small sitting-room of mirrors, in the red room and in the “soprarizzo” hall.
Palma Camozzi Vertova House
Built in the 1500's in place of a pre-existent medieval house, Palma Camozzi Vertova House, with its glamorous square courtyard, its elegant rooms frescoed by G.B.Guarinoni of Averara and its chapel dedicated to Madonna Addolorata, is a fortified unit unique in its kind, just open to the public for the first time. In the room on the ground, with a gore vault, there is a fresco representing the story of Orbecche (1572) attributed to painter Guarinoni of Averara. In the nearby small sitting-room there are stories of the Genesis on the walls and on the ceiling; among its elegant stuccos there is “The Creation of the Stars”.
Villa Grismondi Finardi
Born as country house close to Bergamo city center, the palace enchants the visitor for its being at one time a tipical eighteenth-century holiday resort and together an old farm-house. The outward look, sober and essential, is a simple prelude to the magnificence of the internal decorations:rooms with rich vaults decored by Scrosati, precious frames, forniture and ornaments of different epochs. Finardi family lives in the palace from the 1800, but in the 1700 it was the residence of the Grsmondi’s and it became literary parlour of the poetress Paolina Grismondi Secco Suardo, best known with the pen-name Lesbia Cidonia. She was very appeciated by Mascheroni and friend to the main scholars of the time. The palace is situated in a majestic park of 30.000 mq, where nature and silence reign, and it is very near to the city center.